This was a daily create challenge for last week (Sept 6) – create a movie trailer for your blog (tdc607). It sounded like a lot of fun and I started thinking about ways and means right away.
Unfortunately, as is often the case, other things intervened. By the time I got started, I knew I wanted outsized comic book style screen graphics and then had to find an iPad app that could do that. Took quite awhile, but I finally found one called Strip Design.
The graphic text was created with green backgrounds so that the chromakey effect could be used. The graphics were then dumped into a PC program, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro, along with screen grabs from the this blog and a sound track. The voice-over was recorded with an iPhone. Everything then came together pretty much as originally envisioned.
A final, unpleasant surprise was that while the chromakey effect worked great when playing the movie back in the editing software, it was almost completely lost after export to QuickTime (.mov) format. So to capture the final video for upload I had to use another PC program, BB Fastback to record from the screen while playing the movie back in the editor.
Anyhow, here’s the final result: